How Do I Troubleshoot Exmark Laser Z Mowers?
- Make certain the PTO is disengaged if the starter will not crank. Other actions to take contain setting the parking brake; making certain the drive levers are in neutral; charging the battery; checking electrical connections and replacing a blown starter fuse. If the relay or switch is just defective, then speak to an authorized service dealer.
- Make positive the fuel tank is complete if the engine will not begin, begins tough or will not keep operating. Additional options incorporate opening the fuel shutoff valve; adding oil to the crankcase, and positioning the throttle midway amongst "SLOW" and "FAST." The choke has to also be in "ON" for a cold engine and "OFF" for a hot engine. Also attempt replacing the fuel filter, cleaning the air cleaner element, cleaning the spark plug and making certain that the spark plug wires are connected.
- Slow down if the engine loses energy due to excessive load. Other locations to verify are a dirty air cleaner; low oil in the crankcase; obstructions in the cooling fins and air passages; a plugged vent hole in the fuel cap and a dirty fuel filter. If there is dirt, water or stale fuel in the fuel method, make contact with an authorized service dealer.
- Slow down also if the engine is overheating from excessive load. Also verify the oil level as properly as the cooling fins and air passages for obstructions that could be stopping suitable air cooling.
- Adjust the tracking if the mower pulls left or appropriate with each lever completely forward. Also, guarantee tire stress is right in all tires. You could have to adjust the reverse indicator and motion manage linkage if the 1st two approaches do not repair the dilemma.
- Tighten down the bypass valve if the mower will not drive. Also verify, and replace if need to have been, the drive or pump belt for put on, looseness or falling off the pulley. A broken or missing idler spring can also be the culprit and warrant replacement. Lastly, verify the hydraulic fluid for the correct level and let it cool down if it is been operating hot for a while.
- Sharpening the blades is the initial step if cutting height is uneven. You would need to have new cutting blades if yours are bent. Make certain the mower is level side-to-side and front-to-back. Dirt below the mower or low, uneven tire stress can also trigger uneven cutting.
- Set up a new cutting blade if a bent or unbalanced blade is the culprit for abnormal vibration. Other achievable causes of the vibration incorporate loose blade or engine mounting bolts or possibly loose engine, idler or blade pulleys. If the engine pulley or blade spindle is broken, make contact with an authorized service dealer.
- Verify the drive belt for becoming worn, loose or broken in the event the blades never rotate. Guarantee the drive belt also is not just off the pulley. The identical directions apply to the deck belt. Lastly, replace a broken or missing idler spring to get the blades rotating once again.
Can I Turn My Lawnmower Into a Mulching Mower?
Can You Mow Zoysia Grass Having a Rotary Mower?
How A lot Oil Does a Troy-Bilt Mower Pony Take?
Torque Vs. Horsepower in Small Engine Lawn Mowers
How to Change the Belt on a Woods Mower