How to Adjust an MTD Riding Mower Belt
- Park the MTD mower on level ground, set the parking brake and turn off the mower.
- Disengage the mower deck and decrease the mower deck to the ground.
- Disconnect the spark plug wire kind the spark plug to make certain the mower does not come on although functioning on it.
- Eliminate the guide pins that press into the PTO pulley bracket that rests just beneath the engine. Use pliers to take away the pins.
- Disconnect the extended spring that connects to the idler pulley with a spring puller to release tension on the belt.
- Pull the belt off the PTO pulley mounted below the engine.
- Eliminate the hairpins that hold the front bracket to the underside of the mower and then reduced the front of the mower to the ground.
- Pull the belt off the pulley method on the MTD mower deck. Adhere to the guide printed on the prime of the deck and set up the new belt per the routing on the guide.
- Lift the front of the mower deck up and reattach it to the underside of the mower with the hairpins.
- Location the belt onto the PTO pulley, then reconnect the spring to the idler pulley. Press the guide pins into the PTO mounting bracket.
- Reconnect the spark plug wire to the spark plug.
Best Electric Riding Lawn Mower
Ryobi lawn mowers
How To Replace The Drive Belt On An MTD Variable Speed Riding Mower
Different Between Electric and Gas Lawn Mowers
Cub Cadet Lawnmower LT 1042 Steering Troubles
How Significantly Oil Does a Cub Cadet Lawn Mower Take?
Honda Lawnmower Troubleshooting
The way to Change the Oil on a Lawn Boy 6.5 Push Mower